What is a Website Design and its elements?
Design or designing is the process of collecting valuable ideas, and aesthetically arranging and implementing them, guided by a number of principles for a specific purpose. Website design is a similar process of creation, with the intention of presenting the content onto the electronic web pages, in an excellent way for serving them to the end-users which can access it through the internet with the help of a web browser.
Essential Elements of Website Design
Web designing uses a vast number of visual elements such as:
* Layout: This is the way in which the graphics, text and other associated elements are arranged. In web world, the key goal is to help the view and find the information they seek with the minimum glance. This includes maintaining the balances, consistency, and integrity of the design provided.
* Colour: The choice of the colours depends onto the purpose and meaning; it could be simply monochrome i.e., black-and-white to multi-coloured design, conveying the personality of a specific person or a designated brand of an organization.
* Graphics: Graphics includes logos, photos, cliparts or icons, all of which holds the power to enhance the website design. For user friendliness, these graphics need to be placed appropriately, working with the colour and the content of the web page, while not making it too much congested or slower to load.
* Fonts: The use of various fonts can enhance a website's design too much. Most web browsers can only read a selected number of fonts, that are known as “web-safe fonts”, so your designer will generally work into this widely accepted group.
* Content: Content and design goes together to work wonders. Written text must always be relevant and useful, so as not to confuse the reader's mind and to give them what they want/need so that they will remain on the site. Content should be optimized at a good level for search engines and be of a suitable length, incorporating keywords relevant to it.
Now, besides just the basic elements of website design that make a site look beautiful and compelling, a website must also consider the end user. User-friendliness can be achieved by paying strict attention to the following factors.
– Navigation: Site architecture, menus and other navigational tools in the web designing must be created with severe considerations of how users browse and search. The goal is to help the end user to move around the whole site flawlessly, efficiently finding the needed information they require.
– Multimedia: Relevant video and audio stimulus in the design can help its users to grasp the information with an ease, developing understanding in an easy and quick manner. This can encourage visitors to spend more quality time onto the webpages.
– Compatibility: Remember to design the webpages that perform equally well on various browsers and operating systems, to increase its viewing.
– Technology: Advancements in the field of technology gives designers the freedom to add movements and innovation, allowing for the web design that is always fresh, dynamic and professional looking.
– Interactive: Keep in mind to increase active user participation and involvement, by adding comments boxes and various opinion polls in between the tests and the design. Convert users from visitors to regular clients with email forms and newsletter sign-ups.
Cork’s web designers work professionally and creates excellent User Interface (UI) Design for a truly satisfying web experience. They use a critical planning and analysis for their each design and they pay attention to individual client’s specifications, converting the intricate process into a well mannered, simple and elegant piece of art.
So it's 2017 and now time to get your business up to speed if it's not. The Digital Department is one of Cork's leading developers of mobile responsive websites and Ecommerce stores. Please contact us any time on 021 250 9045 or email on email@example.com