Title : Shotgumedia
Why use Video on your Website?
Video is the new darling of the marketing world and it isn’t just a passing trend. Video
makes up approx. 74% of online traffic at the moment and this will more than likely increase
by next year. Chances are you yourself have watched a video in the last 24 hours? So in
order for your Business to remain on trend you need a professional video as part of your
Professional video is of vital importance here, an amateur or DIY video simply will not work
for your business as you don’t know what you’re doing. You’re going to take longer, make
more mistakes, and waste a lot more money than a professional crew would.
Here are a few statistics on the power of videos for websites
1. People spend on average
2. 6x more time on pages with video than without
2. 52% of marketers believe that video is effective for brand awareness (WowMakers).
3. Including video in a landing page can increase conversion by 80% (EyeView).
4. 76.5% of marketers and small business owners in an Animoto survey who have used
video marketing say it had a direct impact on their business. (Source)
5. The average CVR for websites using video is 4.8%, compared to 2.9% for
those that don’t use video.
6. Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up
on page 1 of the SERP.
These are all vital reasons as to why you should have a video on your website. But if that is not enough to sway you then read on. The potential reach that a video has is immense, its far more powerful than any other form of content. Google loves video so having a video on your website will increase your search engine rank.Videos can be watched on the go which gives you access to more viewers and increases the chance of social shares.
So, to sum it all up, professional videos on your website will
1. Keep consumers on your website longer.
2. It will make it easier to explain your business.
3. It creates a better customer experience.
Now, I wonder how many of you actually read that article in full? The majority skipped over
it soaking up a few words here and there yet had this been a video the chances are you
would have listened in its entirety
By : Dr. Bredan Richardson
University College Cork Lecturer
By : Brian O' Mara
By : Anthony Rafferty
By : Martin Adams
By : Shane O’Leary